- When and where do we meet?
Camachee Cove Yacht Harbor
Our office/parking area is located at 107 Yacht Club Dr. St. Augustine, FL, 32084.
You must check in for your boat tour directly at our boat, located at Dock A-19, just a short walk around the corner from our office, next to the restaurant KingFish Grill.
If you are looking at our office, head right!
The dock is to the left of the restaurant KingFish Grill. Just before the entrance to the restaurant, you will enter the dock to the left. Then you are going to walk down to the floating dock and head right, where you will see our boat on the corner slip A-19. Our crew will be on or in front of the vessel waiting for you to arrive! Do not enter the vessel if no one is there to assist you.
You must arrive 15 minutes prior to departure. We leave on time!
- Where do we park?
As you pull into Camachee Island, take the very first right immediately after the entrance, and park facing the road, A1A N, across from Vinny’s Pizza and our office. To avoid a towing expense, please do not park in the store/business parking spaces. You will then walk through the parking lot towards KingFish Grill. Just before you get to the restaurant, you will enter the dock to your left, then go right, and you will see our boat!
Please note that we may not be able to answer the phone on the day of your trip, so if you are unfamiliar with the area, please arrive early so you have enough time to find our location.
- What is your cancellation policy?
- A 48-hour cancellation notice is required by email to [email protected] in order to receive a full refund. If you are looking to reschedule, you must email us in writing at least 48 hours before your tour or a $10 per person reschedule fee will apply. A $10 per person fee will be charged to all no-shows without a written notice of cancellation by email to [email protected] The no-show fee will not be charged if you let us know at least six hours before your tour so we can take you off the manifest to allow other passengers to book. If you miss the boat and would like to re-book, a $10 per person plus tax re-book fee will apply.
- There is a minimum requirement of 12 passengers for all tours. On the rare occasion that we do not meet the minimum for the tour you are booked on, we will give you notice at least two hours before the tour start time. You will then be able to re-book a different tour time or receive a refund.
- Weather: Our captains are professionals and make the very best decision based on safety. If we need to cancel due to weather, we will call, text, and email you. We will also put up a Facebook post. We ask that you please do not call us. Due to the unpredictability of mother nature, we can not guarantee you an estimated time before the tour that we will call the trip. But we do try our very best to give you the most advanced notice we can. If your trip was canceled by us due to weather- you will be able to reschedule with no expiration or receive a full refund. You must reply to your cancellation email to request re-booking or refund in writing.
- What booking information do I need to know?
- You must purchase tickets to reserve your seat on the boat. Everyone in your party must have a ticket for the tour, including infants (there are separate children prices for ages 0-5). This is because according to the Coast Guard, every soul on board counts as a seat against our capacity, no matter the age.
- If you fail to purchase tickets for everyone in your party (including infants), there is a possibility the tour will be sold out when you arrive and we will not be able to accommodate your entire party. You will not be refunded.
- We close off online booking an hour before the tour start time. If you have more than eight guests in your party, please call to book. If you have more than 14 people in your party, you must book a private tour in advance by calling 904-827-7728 or emailing [email protected]
- Please make sure all of your contact information is correct during checkout in case we need to contact you. Double check that your phone number and email address are correct. Please make sure that the date and time you are booking are correct! Check your inbox for the confirmation email — this will act as your boarding pass. Please contact us if you fail to receive it in the next 30 minutes. This will be required to board the vessel. We prefer you show us on your phone rather than printing it out.
- I am physically challenged; can I still come?
The boat is not handicap accessible. However, if you use a wheelchair but can walk onto the boat (two steps up), we have no problem taking your wheelchair with us. There’s a ramp that leads down to the dock, so you would be able to wheel right up to the boat. We have very comfortable seats! It is important to us that everyone be able to enjoy our cruises, no matter what. Your captain and mate are happy to do whatever it takes to make this experience wonderful for you!
- Is the boat shaded?
Yes, shade is a must when enjoying Florida waters!
- What should we bring?
- For our daytime cruises, you may bring sunglasses, sunscreen, a hat/visor, bottled water, chap stick, and snacks.
- For our cooler evening cruises, depending on the time of year, you might want to have a lightweight jacket or sweater.
- For the Nights of Lights cruises, we provide warm wool blankets on the chilly nights.
- Feel free to bring lunch or a small appetizer. Small coolers or picnic baskets are welcome. We have boxed water and soft drinks for sale on board, but we recommend you bring your own refillable (not plastic) water bottle to cut down on waste! We have a water fill station in our office!
- Alcoholic beverages are sold on board for those 21 and older, including local favorites and $4 mimosas!
- All required Coast Guard-inspected life preserves are on board.
- Can I bring my kids?
For our family-oriented daytime Dolphin Tour and Wildlife Adventure, we allow all ages! For the adults-only cruises, all guests must be at least 21 years of age and have valid photo ID. Please read the descriptions of any other cruises for age suggestions.
- Can I rent the boat for a private event?
Absolutely! The Osprey is available for private use, with a tailored trip designed just for you. You can bring your own food and you can play your own music. We have a bar on board available for purchase of drinks, and for an additional per person fee, you can make it an open bar or Wine Tasting! Employ the services of our events coordinator to arrange your private party, for whatever it may be. We can handle groups up to 38, but you can charter for just the two of you! If you would like to talk about the possibilities and pricing, email the following information to [email protected], and we will contact you within 24 hours.
- Desired date or day of week
- Desired time of day
- Estimated number of guests
- Can we swim with or feed the dolphins?
No, you will remain on board for the entire cruise.
We absolutely can’t feed the dolphins. Aside from the fact that feeding wild dolphins is illegal, it is not in their best interest for us to do so. They can lose their natural wariness of humans and become habituated to receiving handouts, which increases their risk of injury from boats and entanglement in fishing gear. It can also decrease their willingness to forage for food on their own.
- Is there a bathroom on board?
Yes, we have a fully functional toilet!
- Do you see dolphins and other wildlife on tours other than the Dolphin Tour?
Yes! The Matanzas Bay is full of wildlife, no matter what time of day or year!
- Can I bring alcohol?
No, but we do have a bar on board offering an excellent variety of beer, wine, bubbly, and non-alcoholic drinks for purchase. The bar is open on all evening cruises unless otherwise stated. You are always welcome to bring snacks and appetizers aboard!
- What happens if we miss the boat?
All ticket sales are final and nonrefundable (but can be used at a later date if you wish). If you are looking to re-book your trip after missing the boat or need to change your reservation within 48 hours of your scheduled trip, a $10 per person re-booking (plus tax) fee will be charged. You must provide WRITTEN notice of cancellation or any reservation changes by emailing [email protected] at least 48 hours before your scheduled cruise to avoid any fees. You’ll want to allow plenty of time for traffic in and around St. Augustine (especially for the evening cruises with rush hour), finding our location, and walking from parking to the boat. WE LEAVE ON TIME! Tickets are transferable, and can be used by anyone you wish, but you will have to notify us in writing of the names. Your booking confirmation will contain all of these details.
- Do I still have to make a reservation if I purchased my tickets through a third party?
Indeed you do. Simply purchasing that ticket does not guarantee you a seat. Follow the how-to-redeem instructions provided by the site on which you purchased the ticket. You must manually reserve your own seats through our booking page.
- On the website, click the BOOK NOW button.
- Click on the cruise that you purchased.
- The reservations page will pop up.
- Choose the date and time when you would like to take your cruise in accordance with the ticket you purchased.
- When you come to the page where you are asked to enter your name and address, you will be asked to enter your voucher number.
- VERY IMPORTANT: You are not guaranteed a seat unless you have made the formal reservation on our booking page!
- Am I required to leave a tip at the end of our trip?
A nice rule of thumb is “if you enjoyed your trip, leave a tip.” This is not required, and we certainly will not chase you down the dock if you choose not to, but as with most hospitality-oriented jobs, the majority of our crews’ wages comes from tips, so monetary appreciation of our service is greatly appreciated. 🙂
- What is a "Minimum Requirement"?
There must be 12 paid-for reservations to leave the dock (this accounts for what it costs to take out the boat). If the minimum is not met, we will contact you two hours before your scheduled trip to reschedule your reservation.
- What if the weather is bad?
The weather here in Florida is beautiful and sunny for the most part, but it can be unpredictable at times. Our policy is, if there is a small craft advisory or lightning, we will cancel the tour. If your tour gets cancelled, we will contact you as soon as the captain knows and you can re-schedule it for another time. There is no expiration. All tickets are non-refundable but can be used at a later time and are transferrable.
- I want to propose to my significant other; can I rent the boat for just us, and will you help me make it perfect?
YES! We love that stuff! If you would like to talk about the possibilities, email your information to [email protected], and we’ll contact you within 24 hours.